Wednesday 11 June 2014

Harry Potter Studios




So I know it's been absolutely months since I did a blog post,  I just always had a reason why I was too busy! However,  I am now on my summer holidays and it's the perfect opportunity to get back into blogging - especially as I have lots of exciting things coming up!

This blog post is EXTREMELY overdue, as I visited Harry Potter Studios in December (showing how much I procrastinate!). But it was  such a magical place I just had to write about it at some point, even if it is 6 months late (oops!).

I surprised my boyfriend Liam with tickets for his birthday as we had been planning to go for ages (even more procrastinating).


We are both fans of the movies and Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year, so it was the perfect time to go as the place was covered in Christmas decorations! They really went all out with the Christmas decorations especially in the Grand Hall, which just made it feel so more impressive and special.



Still going with the festive theme, they even had a snow machine outside! It was such a bizarre but great experience standing outside Number 4 Privet Drive with a cup of butter beer (which is actually very delicious) in the snow!

We ended up spending around 4-5 hours there as we literally read EVERYTHING! It was all so interesting and I love finding out about all of the extra facts and details of how things were done, especially the animatronics and the miniature scale model of Hogwarts. It really does make you appreciate just how much effort was put into the films.




There are sooo many of the sets, costumes, props and technology from the films, so there is so much to see!  We also really enjoyed getting to dress up in Hogwarts gowns and virtually fly broomsticks. Be prepared for very expensive photos and souvenirs though! I would really recommend everyone to go as it was such a lovely day out!




2 comments:

  1. Aw looks like such a lovely day out! You need to put up more posts about your many adventures! :)
    Also.. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, details are at www.nevenakrstic.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete